10.27.2003

Just. Wow.

Yeah, that about describes it. Let me tell you, people: God is AWESOME. He is INCONCEIVABLE. He is AMAZING. Just... WOW.

Ok, so today was my birthday, and some folks from the theater took me out. Well, (this is me, owning up:) I had a little too much to drink. Instead of nursing one, I had two and a half tonight, which made me feel a little tipsy. So we call it a night, and a friend asks me to come back to her hotel room for some girl talk for a little while. I really wanted to get home--seriously. But I just felt a tug, y'know? Like she really needed it.

So I gave into the Spirit and I walked over with her and chatted for a while. About a half hour later, she's walking me back to my car and I can just tell she's yearning... she's just searching, you know? And she doesn't even know what she's looking for... So we continue to talk, for about another hour, standing by my car. Most of it was on recognizing spiritual influence, etc... like, Satan is attacking, putting thoughts in your head, etc... you have to recognize that and fight against it, etc..

We finally wrap up, we're both tired, and all that. We hug and go our separate ways... By this time, my head has completely cleared, and at this point, I get into my car and start to drive off... Then I notice something funny about my brakes.... Hmmm, ok...well... The next thing I know, my brakes are completely gone. I'm dead serious. They no longer function.... gone... Just. Plain. Gone.

HOW FREAKING AWESOME IS GOD??????????? I wanted to leave while I was buzzed and He wouldn't let me, because I'd probably be dead right now. So yeah, I'm literally coasting home (averaging about 6 miles an hour) with my hazards going, and I call up the friend I just left and I'm like "Ok, THIS is how real the spirit world is!!" And I tell her what happened. How great is that? I mean, yes, how unbelievably scary--but just imagine if I had climbed behind that wheel when I wanted to...

Wow... ok, I just had to tell y'all all that. I wasn't even gonna blog tonight, but I just had to tell you. And the kicker: right when I started the car, track 5 from Hope (Hillsong's new album) started up...."...My hope is in the name of the Lord... My trust is in the name of the Lord... You are faithful..." Great song at any rate, but especially appropriate in that circumstance, I do believe. He is so great, and so faithful! All I could think was "Thank You for not letting Tate be in the car."

Don't just love Him, prove it!!
-Jack-

|