10.13.2003

Patience: A Virtue I've Yet To Acquire

For the most part that is... I'm finding myself increasingly disenchanted with my job. Which is amazing to me, since I haven't been at it for long, and I was so incredibly psyched up about it just a short time ago. But ever since God set my feet on fire with the desire to study W&CA, I can't seem to get myself into the show. I spend all day listening to worship music and singing my lungs out, rather than rehearsing the music I have to have down pat in two days. And it's not like it should take me more than a couple of hours to learn this music. UGH... I want to say that God just told me too early, but that isn't the truth. Rather, He's making me learn the lessons of patience and perserverance... of doing those things which aren't always what you want to do but that need to be done. I'm blessed, really, that it's starting with something easy--like fulfilling a contract to perform. I do love theater, and musical theater is the best--or so I thought... And it's not like anything has happened at the theater to change my opinion of it. I still think it's great. It's just not what I want to be doing, do you know what I mean? It just seems so trivial... like a big waste of time. And everyone knows it doesn't pay much--I'm blessed to be getting the most she'll pay for non-equity, which is a whopping $200/wk for a full time job, so it's obvious that the money is not what's keeping me. I'm not complaining, I'm really not. I'm just anxious, I suppose. I want to go out and get started already. But I know that there is work for me to do still, in preparation and in service to Him. I know He's using me as an example to some other people there... To show them it's not so hard to stand up for Him. There's finally a Christian presence in that place, and it's a joy to see--and a relief as well.

With the end of My Fair Lady, I'll be losing Julie Ruth's daily presence. I've asked her to pray for strength and boldness in the Christians that remain at the theater. I hope you'll pray for us as well. We're going to need it. Satan's minions appear to be hoping to set up camp with this newest cast, and they aren't shy about it. It's going to be a long six weeks--and my fledgling patience is already looking to bolt on me.

At any rate, drop me a line if you feel up to it, or just leave a comment. I'd love to know if y'all need prayer as well. We can all use all the help God sends our way. Also, if you think of it, please keep my mother in your prayers--she doesn't seem to be faring well as of late. Thank you so much, truly.

Love God, love others, love life--and leave a legacy!

-Jack-

|