10.11.2003

No Comment

I get emails... But no one ever leaves comments. Why is that? I'll probably never know. Ok, new rule: if this is your first visit, you must leave at least one comment. If this is not your first visit, you must leave at least one comment, and send me an email telling me how wonderful my site is, and how fabulous I am.

But, how is she to enforce this, you may wonder. I'll tell you: I'm not. I can't possibly enforce this rule. Therefore, it isn't really a rule at all, is it? Rather, it's a suggestion, at best--merely delivered with forcefulness or conviction. Soooo... with what does that leave me, exactly?

No comment.

Hmph. Well then, I'll just keep rambling on, without comments...

So, I thought I'd tell you today where I got the name Jack. You see, my real name is Jessica. And when I was living in bigtime sin with the father of my son, Jason, I used to take care of his other son, Jarret, on his days. 'Round about the age of two, Jarret had trouble pronouncing his "S" sounds, so instead of calling me "Jess", he called me "Jeck", though from his young voice it sounded remarkably like "Jack". Well, Jason thought that was cute, and started referring to me as Jack and it just sort of stuck. His family started calling me that, our friends followed suit.

But Jack, you now live eleven-hundred miles away, how could anyone in your new town know that name? Well, I'll tell you (I'm so nice, aren't I? Patiently answering all your questions...). The first job I took here in Florida was as a server for a Tony Roma's restaurant. Dear Tony was already employing two Jessica's that were neither one of them myself, which puts us at a grand total of three Jessica's. And so, Ken--whose "life-partner", or whatever you'd like to call it, is also named Ken (I always thought that was VERY funny)--told me I needed a nickname... and since I've never been granted a professionally appropriate nickname aside from Jack, I blurted it out under duress.

When I started at the theater, my boss asked me, in what I assumed was an offhand manner, if I ever had any nicknames or anything, so I told her the "Story of Jack"... the next thing I know, that's my name all over again. The only people that still call me Jess or Jessica are my parents and 2 of my 4 siblings. That's it. Oh wait, that's not true. Some people at church still call me Jessica (the ones that never went to Tony Roma's when I worked there and haven't seen me at the theater). Even the worship team calls me Jack.

So there you have it and there you are. Not altogether too terribly interesting, but you asked for it.

I'll be back later--it's my one partial day off (don't have to work until 7pm), and I'm going to take a NAP! Yay!!

Love God, love others, love life--and leave a legacy (and a comment)!!

-Jack-

|