5.13.2004

In Search of Bright Ideas...

Hey, gang! What's up? Not much here... ok, that was such a lie. It's just what came naturally off the fingertips after posing such a question.

Wow. Ok. Couple of things are happening:

1. I'm pretty sure God wants me to go to Hillsong Conference this summer (or winter for them). My pastor, Chuck, wants me to go too. He's given me his blessing on it, so to speak... He officially wants me to officially attend as a representative of our church. Only problem is, it's going to cost about $2500. And um... I'm a little short. We thought the church would be able to provide a huge chunk of that, but we've fallen short on budget the last few months, and the funds just aren't there. So now, I'm asking everyone to pray about it, pray over the situation, ask God to work His will in this, and pray for discernment on how I should handle things... and pray for some really great fund-raising ideas too, if you would, lol. The conference is in the beginning of July, so I don't have a whole lot of time...

2. Work is getting crazy. That's the easiest way to describe it. Some awesome things have been happening for me there, and the more I focus on God there, the better it gets. But there have certainly been some obstacles of late. There's been a heavy resistance by some of my superiors and coworkers to some of the things that have been opening up for me. I know I'm still ok---more than ok, I'm blazing like a bonfire over there. But it's caused a bit of jealousy and a LOT of politics to crop up. My immediate boss is fighting me every step of the way, but his bosses are giving me direct orders to go ahead with things, and stuff like that--it's kinda complicated. Anyway... so my immediate boss is in a bit of trouble. See, he's trying to reign me in and keep me focused, but my success in these new areas has been astronomical--so it's looking like he's anti-progress and not wanting to do things that will grow the company, etc, since he's kinda trying to stop me. It's just that he's more cautious--but it's making him look really bad. So be praying for him too, if you would.

Ok, I'm going to shut up now. Tell me how things are with you!

-Jack-

|