2.28.2005

The Thirst for Knowledge, and the Starvation of the Spirit

I've been thinkin... (yes, I know, it's dangerous)

We spend so much time acquiring knowledge... I read book after book after book... I'm always asking questions, seeking the truth, probing, dissecting... And I know I'm not alone. While this is good in it's own right, I do believe we've been missing something vital lately.

The revelation of the Holy Spirit. I think sometimes we get caught up in acquiring knowledge and forget that second step that takes what we know from knowledge to wisdom. We forget to meditate... We forget to sit still and meditate on what we've learned and let the Holy Spirit transform us with the Truth.

Maybe that's one of the reasons that, for all our knowledge, we still tend to lead very unwise lives...

Just something I'm chewing on. Thoughts?

-Jack-

|