2.15.2005

eeeeek!!

I just finished watching the movie Saw... it was soooooo scary. I watched The Grudge like a week ago or so, and it was scary but utterly disappointing in the end... but this... oooooh, good movie.

My grandmother got me hooked on scary movies when I was a kid, so I like them. I know, it's weird, but hey what can I say? I forget who, but someone asked me recently if I like scary movies... I do, but not when I'm alone. I can't handle them when I'm alone. M and L and I have apparently found a shared love for scary movies (plus they have KILLER surround sound, so everything is extra-scary). And in case you were wondering, things are cool with us. Actually, L and I had a nice conversation about church tonight. I think she may actually come visit my church sometime. She's really been burned by her concept of church in the past, so it's a big step.

For those of you who are wondering (and I know you do, because I read my emails), I am still struggling with my little crushes... The Buddhist one is pretty much over and done with, though I do still see him and speak with him (he even took Tate and I out to dinner Thursday night to cheer me up, which was very nice). I've got a full-on crush for someone else now... It's been simmering for a while now, and is starting to really heat up, but at the same time die down... I don't know, it's weird.

I think, subconsciously, I'm purposely choosing guys that I know I can't have... In some ways, that's obviously agonizing, but in other ways it's really really really good. Because I know I can't have them, y'know? It kinda keeps me safe. So at least I'm not getting myself into trouble with them... But now I just have to work on the attractions themselves, namely not having them. It's a step in the right direction, at least...

Ok... can I just stop and say that I disgust myself? I'm boy-crazy... Me, 26 year old single mom... I'm like 13 year old boy crazy... this is horrid. This is so pathetic and immature... what on earth is going on?

I'm pretty sure I'm under attack... I decide to do away with men and dating and all the drama, and what happens? The enemy starts parading a bunch of pretty men in front of me and my eyes pop out of my head. This is just lovely. Poetic irony, I suppose... Well, no matter. I'm still done with them until God informs me otherwise.

Ok, I'm so tired I can't see straight, and I doubt I'm even making sense with how fuzzy my brain feels.

Have a great day, kids. I'm going to bed.

-Jack-

|