9.14.2004

Ugh.

I'm so tired of "update" posts. I'm tired of writing them. I want to be a real blogger again. This is supposed to be the journey of a twenty-something screw-up, not her update ticker or highlight reel.

Got a call from my bank this afternoon. The funds will be reinstated tomorrow morning. Good, now I can pay Tate's daycare.

I've been feeling isolated relationally from God lately. I think because I'm just cramming my head with His attributes and learning about Him. I'm forgetting the relationship, I'm forgetting to talk to Him, to listen to Him, to lean on Him. I've been reading The Book of God, the Bible as a novel. It's really great, actually. For the first time, I'm actually able to take in the Old Testament, something I've never had much luck with. I can read the New Testament cover to cover to cover to cover, but the Old Testament loses me in under 10 minutes. Not so now. I'm really glad for it. Now I'll be able to go to the Old Testament Scripture and see the stories of what happened then, and not get completely sidetracked with all the little things that drive me batty like such-and-such begat such-and-so, etc etc. And I'm really appreciating all the begetting like never before... Not just understanding, but appreciating. It's cool. Anyhow...

So last night I apologized to God for not talking to Him... for neglecting Him. I apologized for being so distracted. And while He had my ear, He told me again to quit smoking. And then He laid some other stuff on my heart too. One of them was a reminder of the concentric circles of His will that I touched on a while back. Some of you emailed me, wanting to know more, I think someone commented on it too. At any rate... I'm going to post on it soon. If I haven't posted on it in two weeks time, remind me, would ya? Thanks.

Ok, I'm gonna go play with my Tater-Tot. Go relate with God. :-)

-Jack-

|