9.08.2004

I'm Here

We're still here... sortof. Charley hit harder, but Frances hit longer. She didn't hit as hard, but she certainly did some damage. All in all, it wasn't too bad for us, though. Well, I say "us" like I was here... hehe... When I heard it was getting weaker and weaker, I decided to not waste the whole weekend hiding inside from an unimpressive storm and I grabbed my son and my brother (and some gas money from dad) and took off for Alabama. I went to Birmingham, primarily to see my grandfather (mom's dad), and then also to see my aunt and uncle and cousins. Good times. My older sister came over from Augusta, GA too, so we got to see her and GB (her daughter/my neice).

We were gone an extra day, as Frances decided to come up our route home. Instead of taking 20 to Atlanta and then 75 in to Florida, we took 20 into Augusta, stayed overnight, and came down 95. And 10 minutes after we got home, I was up on dad's roof replacing shingles. And 15 minutes after I got up there, Dad left to go buy more since we couldn't find many of the ones that blew off. And 1 minute after he left, I found a big honkin' hole that needed to be patched right away. And one minute after I found the big honkin' hole, it started pouring down rain. That was fun. So I was roofing in the rain. It's a good thing I don't use hairspray, or else it would have been in my eyes. I kept having to stop and yell at my hair and the rain because I couldn't see. And as soon as I ran out of tacks, and had the biggest of the holes covered, it stopped raining. That was cute. So God and I had a good laugh up on the roof.

I had a really traumatic day at work today. But I really don't want to talk about it right now or else I'll start crying again. I'm such a baby sometimes, y'know? It just really, really sucked. I got seriously chewed out by my boss (read: he cussed me out at the top of his lungs. A lot.). It was not a fun day.

Anyway, I need to go, music rehearsal starts soon.

Have fun, kids.

-Jack-

|