8.17.2004

Summerland

Ok. It's so totally sad. I've only seen 2 episodes. I don't even know why I watch it, or how it appeals to me because some of it is so stupid. I'd never even heard of it before until I stumbled across it last week when I was bored. I don't even have cable, I just pick up a couple of channels with the rabbit ears my dad got me forever ago when I decided to forsake cable in order to spend more time doing things that actually matter. And now without an internet connection either, I have like NOTHING to do after Tate goes to bed. So I just flip around the 4 channels I get (spread all the way from channel 9 to channel 121. how stupid is that??). So at least I get Gilmore Girls again... And then there was this dumb show on called Summerland.

I'm. Totally. Hooked.

I don't even know why!! Egads. I think some of it has to do with the relationship issues that the main character is going through... at least I think she's the main character. I've only seen it two times and there are a TON of characters. Anyway... she says she has 3 kids... but I think they all call her "Aunt Ava" so I'm assuming she's their guardian, heh. At any rate, I guess she was in a relationship with this guy and they split up (don't know why) and they are still roommates (SO many people live in this house)... but anyway, she's venturing out and taking a chance and yet there's the ex in the background all the time. And EVERY time I see him I cannot help but think he is EXACTLY like Jason (Tate's dad). I mean: To. The. T. It's almost scary. He's really good looking, and you see these moments and you know he still wants her, but he's so stubborn, and then he'll forget about it and just be playing "grab-ass" (as my dad calls it) with some girls on the beach, and then Ava comes out and he sees her and he's like torn. I mean it's so pathetic, and so demeaning, and so so-many-things. And yet it's just like Jason, and I can feel my heart going out to the guy, like actually softening when he's having one of those love-lost-and-full-of-regrets moments, y'know when he's looking-longingly-at-her-while-she's-unaware kinda crap moments that are just so totally cheesy.

So yeah, I don't exactly get it, but I'm hooked on this show. And the season finale is tonight. So that's what I'll be doing at 9. At least I think it's at 9. I dunno, I'll just turn on the WB at 8 and be safe. :-) Heh...

Ok, I'll shut up now...

-Jack-

I don't even like TV!! I almost NEVER watch it!! What is up with me?

|