9.26.2004

Juxtaposed

That pretty much describes my current state. Still a little numb. Everything is a whirlwind and everything feels out of sorts. I feel pensive. I don't know...

Jeanne is still here. We haven't lost power yet, just some flickering mostly (thanks to the guy on the corner who finally cut his tree down so that the limbs wouldn't knock out the power lines like they usually do). The damage isn't too bad over here... More shingles than ever are flying around my dad's yard, but most everything still stands here in Altamonte Springs. Just a whooooole lot of wind. The rain is even gone now too, for the most part. The wind has shown no signs of abating, but it's almost all gusts. It'll be deathly quiet for a half-second and then another 70 mph gust bustles through for 5 - 15 seconds, then almost completely still for another half to full second, then another gust.

The sustained winds are actually pretty heavy themselves, but because the gusts are so much stronger, so much more noisy, it just seems like it goes still in between them.

Anyway... I don't even know why I'm here. I don't know what to say. I'm gonna go answer some emails.

Later...

-Jack-


|