8.04.2004

Um....

...that's just pathetic.

Ok, Lurkers. Just keep lurking.

At any rate... Things look to be on the verge of changing in serious ways for my church family. I'm really excited for it, I think it's going to be good (though not easy). But then you start to think about God's will and not your own... and yes, God will often give you desires, make His desire yours... But you know flat out that you still have WAY more flesh to kill before that becomes a liklihood in regard to desires that your heart is running down the track with.

Did any of that make any sense? Heh... at any rate. I just want God's will. I think just about anything even remotely resembling a step in the right direction would fall more under God's will than where we're heading now.

Anyway... of to music practice. We're going to be doing special music at the end of every service now, at least to try it out and see how it goes. This rather than trying to get them singing another song to close... As far as corporate singing to wrap up a service, fast songs won't work because their so lethargic from sitting for half an hour and it's just too abrupt a change, and slow songs won't work because then you send them out and on their way with a tragic, somber mood... I mean, I know both can work, I've seen them work, I've seen both ways work really well. But it's just not flying with my church family. They don't seem to handle either way well. So we're adapting. :-) This week, Chuck is speaking on becoming a church of health and healing. So I'll be singing Plumb's Phobic. Good song.

Just thought I'd tell you. Hopefully my posts will get a little deeper once I have my own internet connection again. Just bear with me! sorry...

-Jack-

|