5.17.2004

That Place

I still don't know what I'm supposed to say... I haven't been listening very well tonight. I'm overcome by the confusion... there's a certain desperation you get, when you sense this sort of thing, when you know there's something you're supposed to know. You get a little frantic when it doesn't immediately present itself. You have to be careful to let go, so that you can hear the Holy Spirit...

So I'm in that place, that not good place... that place where all your worries and fears work extra hard to drown out any hope of you catching a glimpse of what you're supposed to see. It's that darkest-hour-before-dawn place. Not physically, insomuch as things going wrong necessarily. But emotionally, and mentally... things aren't so bright and sunny right now. I'm conflicted on so many levels right now, about so many things. And none of them have anything to do with what I'm trying to see. I know that. So at least I can cling to that as a sifting mechanism... "Ok, what is it NOT about?"

This one is going to take a while. And I don't think sitting here dwelling in the darkness of my mood is going to help too much.

I'll see you on the bright side...

-Jack-

|