7.22.2005

What A Great Night

Seriously, it's been a long time since I've felt like this at the end of a night. I feel awesome. Physically... emotionally... just good, y'know? It started out a little frustrating. I won't go into why, but I can tell you I was very much on edge.

L agreed to watch Tate while I went to the gym to blow off a little steam. I started feeling a little better once I got to it, but the tension remained. So I finished my workout and decided to go into one of the raquetball courts and knock the volleyball around some, work on my left shoulder, etc.

I hadn't even worked up to real hitting yet when a friend of mine came in and wanted to play a little one-on-one. We were there til closing, playing on an imaginary net, and having good, old-fashioned sweaty fun. It was just... I don't know, just simple pleasure. No drama, no mind-games, no stress, no tension... just playing and really enjoying it.

After leaving, I thought things might get a little sour for me, as I was expecting to have to see someone tonight that I had no interest in being around (the polar opposite of the person I played volleyball with--pure drama). But then, I got back, and he was gone. He'd already left. It was awesome. Like... whipped cream on your pumpkin pie... like a candy cane in your hot chocolate... Great night made better.

Ah, if only every day could end like this...

(I'm going to go to bed now before something has a chance to go wrong)

Later!

-Jack

|