6.26.2004

Surf's Up.

Dude. WOW!!

I went surfing today, for the first time ever. Can I just say WOW (again)? It was SOOOO COOL. It was AWESOME, it was SO much fun!!

Tate and I went to New Smyrna with some of the crowd from poker night (Mike and Les next door and their kids, Robbie--the guy I got into it with last weekend--and his daughter, and Nicki and her two kids--hubby Chris had to work). The guys rented surfboards and decided they would teach themselves how to surf. So we girls spend most of the time up on the beach, watching the kids and playing with them.

When we were getting close to wrapping up for the day, I just couldn't resist the urge any longer, grabbed one of the boards and told Mikey to teach me too. So we ran out and got to it. Mind you, the guys had NOT done a good job of teaching themselves to surf, they barely got to where they could sortof stand up. Mostly I just didn't want to go alone. So anyhow, we get out there and within 10 minutes I'm up and going and LOVIN' IT!

Wow... I highly recommend surfing to all of you. It's SOOO much fun. I'm definitely going to do this again.

-Jack-

P.S. I leave for Sydney in LESS THAN A WEEK! Woo-hoo!!!

|