5.18.2004

I Do Believe...

... that my child is possessed. No, really. I do. I understand that toddlers throw tantrums. It's a fact of life that cannot often be avoided. But something sinister is afoot in my house.

I thought I'd be able to listen tonight after coming home. I thought I could sit in the stillness and just be with God, opening my heart to hear what He has to say, because I didn't listen today... I still don't know what I'm supposed to say.

Stillness? Stillness, you say? What stillness? I don't know know what I was thinking. Ten minutes after we got home, Tate started into another of his "tantrums". Mind you, these only started Saturday, really. I think the storm clouds started rolling in somewhere around Thursday, but the thunder didn't roll till Friday night, and the clouds didn't burst open until Saturday afternoon.

I keep trying to tell myself that this is normal, everyone goes through this... Then, as I was talking to my best friend, Amy, on the phone, she heard Tate's "tantrum" and said "yeah, no, that's what they refer to as 'meltdown'"... Oh. Ok. But, isn't 'meltdown' like the absolute worst? Like isn't there some sort of unofficial tantrum to meltdown ratio, like 12:1 or something? I thought meltdowns were like the culmination of all possible frustrations, like the nuclear holocaust of tantrums. Am I wrong? 'CAUSE THAT'S WHAT ALL OF HIS ARE!!! That's what he did for 2 stinking hours last night... that's what he did from the time he WOKE UP this morning until I dropped him off at daycare--no exaggerations... that's what he's been doing for the last HOUR AND A HALF...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLP. You think I'm being funny? You think I'm trying to joke about the situation to ease the tension?? I'M NOT.

HELP.

SERIOUSLY.

I cannot do this. I don't know how to cope with this. Every piece of advice conflicts with every other piece of advice, and it makes me want to curse. A lot.

At least it's over for tonight. Please... please pray for me. Please...

-Jack-

|