1.19.2004

Woops

I was just re-reading my last post, and I noticed that I wrote that that post had prompted some discussions... I meant to say that that ARTICLE had prompted discussions... looks like I'm tooting my own horn down there, lol. Sorry.

Anyhow... I don't really know what I'm going to talk about. But I just felt like I should blog. I guess I could always talk about my struggle of the day, heh. I'm having a very hard time figuring out how to get my father's approval and support for setting off down the path God has laid before me. By that I mean South Korea and Australia.

My father is startlingly and viciously hostile toward any mention of any portion of it. I don't know what to do. I know that I will follow God, and I have a real peace about that. If my father chooses not to accept that, to be bitter or cut me off from the family, etc, I can and will live with that, finding joy and strength in my God. But at the same time (and mostly because I'm a die-hard people-pleaser), I want to find a way to make him ok with this, to get his blessing, to have him be happy for me... if nothing else, I'd at least like his feeling to be not negative, if that makes sense... neutral, perhaps. I don't know.

Honor your father mother... and yet... man and woman will leave their families and cleave to one another. On the surface, there are Scriptures that seem to support both angles... But if you consider the application (and context of application) of the verses, it all seems to come crashing down in favor of going out and fulfilling God's plan for my life. Father's are told not to exasperate their children. They are to bring their children up in the ways of the Lord... i.e., he can't very well be angry with me if he's the one who taught me to follow God. I don't know, I don't want it to be like that. I don't want it to be some kind of argument that I win or dadgum courtroom drama. I just want my dad to stop thinking he knows everything and that i know nothing... all that matters is that I'm following God.

Here's a thought for today: God has placed a calling on each of your lives independent of anyone else's expectations or desires for you. Compliments of Mac... He told me that when we first met, before we ever even toyed with the notion of me coming over there...

God really is awesome... even in all this turmoil and uncertainty, God is so unbelievably awesome. And I love that, that He's so great, so... just... EVERYTHING that even when things around me are falling apart and stress is high and moods are low and life just seems totally crummy, I can still see how great He is, and praise Him in the midst of it all. I love to do that. I've only recently learned to do it, with sincerity. And let me tell you, it can change your whole perspective. He loves it when we do that. Try it. Next time something crummy happens and you are feeling really low, just choose to check out of it and go to God... take a good look around at the mess of life, and then consciously decide to look up instead and begin to praise Him.

K, I'm done for today, I think. Gonna hit the sack. My redeemer lives... wow.

-Jack-

|