12.06.2003

You Be The Judge: My Email

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxx:

I truly hope this letter finds you wonderful and well. I know that you don't know me from Eve, but I'm hoping to filch a few minutes of your time. My name is Jessica Smith (though everyone calls me Jack, so feel free) and I've taken a keen interest in your school.

I've recently become acquainted with your Athletic Director, Mr. Aaron Xxxxxxx, through the marvels of modern technology, and he has, since our very first conversation, succeeded in piquing within me an avid interest in the work and ministry of ICS-Pyongtaek. You see, Mr. Xxxxxxxx, I've been praying fervently for an opportunity to go into full-time ministry.

I was raised in a Christian home, attended Christian schools, and belonged to one church family or another all of my life (we moved around a bit when I was growing up). I began leading worship for my church when I was 17, and have been heavily involved in 2 church plants. I experienced a few very rough years, during which I was divorced, and am now raising my two year old son alone. In the last two years, God has shown me His mercy and grace in countless ways, and set me once more in His family. He has reset my focus and restructured my priorities. I long to fulfill His purposes for my life, and in the last year I've felt an increasingly strong calling to be involved in full-time ministry of some kind, to work for God rather than man. My passion for worship and desire to serve God cannot be contained, and this is what brings me to you. I know that my qualifications leave something to be desired, but my enthusiasm and determination will not allow me to go on living and working for the world instead of for my God.

I began coursework at the University of Toledo, in Toledo, OH and accrued somewhere in the neighborhood of 115 credit hours as a Business and Theater Major. When I moved to Florida, I lost a large chunk of those credits and now only have an AA to show for it. I'd love to return to school, to complete my Bachelor's and perhaps attain a teaching certificate, but I am also a divorced, working mother. As such, it's difficult to find the means to do so in a non-forgiving, secular environment. To be quite honest, Mr. Xxxxxxxx, a degree means nothing to me--I just want to live moment by moment for God. But if having a degree is what it takes to be used in ministry, then that is what I'll do.

In the meantime, I offer you my services, in any capacity that you see fit--and I do mean any. For lack of a more succint way to accomplish it, I'll list a few things that might be of use to you:

- I love God with everything in me and desire to show my love for Him by loving, serving, and nurturing His children, whether or not they know Him personally. My greatest ambition of service is to stir up passion around the world for worshiping Him

- I am a professional theater actor and singer

- I adore children (and have one of my own--a 2 year old boy), and I have a special passion for our young people, to see them become the men and women God intended them to be, to raise up a new generation of leaders.

-I am creative, passionate, and enthusiastic. And I love to stir up the same in others. If you use temperament testing, I am an "Idealist Teacher" or "Idealist Champion".

- I am extremely intelligent, as well as adaptable

- I "student taught" my biology and chemistry classes in high school (Science fascinates me--I play around with Punnet Squares for fun; I maintain a long-standing "love affair" with the English language and can teach that as well if you have need). I was in advanced Math, Science, and English programs in school

- I serve on the worship leader team in my church

- I have previous management experience which includes running an inner-city pool (requiring supervision of large numbers of children)

- I have an accomplished school-associated athletic background, including Junior Olympic Swimming and All-star volleyball, Presidential Fitness Awards, and lettering in every athletic venue my school offered

- I've been an assistant coach for an organized girl's volleyball team

- There is nothing of myself that I will not offer for service

I am rather like a Jack-of-all-trades, Mr. Xxxxxxxx, and I pray that you can find use for me in your school. If you need a janitor, and will have me, I will come. If you need a daycare worker, I will come. If you need a personal assistant, drama teacher, volleyball coach, hall monitor, science teacher, choir director, anything... if you'll have me, I will come. I just want to help and minister to others, to serve the body of Christ, to stir up passion for worship, to go out into the world and spread His awesome and life-changing news, and I'd love to do it with you and the others at ICS-Pyongtaek.

Please, if you have any questions or comments at all, or you'd just like to talk to me personally for any reason, do not hesitate to call me at any time day or night. My home phone number is: 407 / xxx - xxxx. My cellular number is: 419 / xxx - xxxx. I look forward with excitement to hearing from you. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my request. I continue to hold up in prayer yourself, your family, your work, and those you work with.


All of my love in Christ,

Jessica "Jack" Smith

xxxx xxxxxx Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL
32714


Remember: Love God, love others; love life, and live it out loud. Live and leave a legacy that points straight to Him.

|