9.29.2003

Burning The... Dawn Oil?

Is there such a thing, or have I just invented it? I hope I have, that would be a nice addition to my list of accomplishments.

He's still awake. Why is that? Apparently the applesauce wasn't quite as ingenious as I once thought. It seems it only gave him fuel...

So I spoke briefly with my pastor again about this all-cosuming fire in my heart that I affectionately refer to as HILC... He had done some further thinking on it and suggests that Dave (our church's worship leader) and myself and a few others from the worship team organize an official group to attend Hillsong Conference next year. He says he's confident we can get the funds together for that (by way of the church itself, the alliance we belong to, and fundraising efforts if need be) to pull it off.

He further suggested that I make it a two week trip--one week for Conference, and one week to further explore the school and area, to get a better feel for what I will need to do (and how much money I would need to get together). I thought it was a grand idea. Don't you agree?

One more thing, and if it doesn't concern you then, well, there you are. But you know who you are. I know it hurts, and so does He. But you have to let go of it... You mustn't cling to it. God can use you and your situation to help others, and bring them to Him, but not until you've let Him heal you. And you *do* have to let Him... He doesn't barge into areas you've closed Him out of.

God bless y'all... keep pining for Him!

-Jack-

|