9.09.2008

Unedited: A note from the author

If anyone happens to tune in, that last post, the one right below this, is the start of a journey, unedited... It probably isn't going to make sense to anyone, and frankly that isn't a large concern of mine right now.

It's rather prophetic, I think (surprise, surprise?), that when I started this blog some years ago I thought I was being so clever with my title... and my subtitle...

Jack's Personal Growth Chart...
The journey of a 20-something screw-up as God screws her back down...

And now, here I am. And it has never been more true... more precise... before it was clever and witty and sort of true in a way... But now, it's life or death. It's brutal honesty. It's almost mocking in it's directness, it's almost too gentle a heading.

A lot has happened since I was regularly posting. Even more in the last 3 months. And even more in the last 4 weeks. A lot of it will explain itself as God and I get me back to where I'm supposed to be... or, well... get me to where He wants me. It may not be as "back to" as I may guess...

The journey that I'm on now is really and truly between me and God, and I'm putting it here, where He and I were close and in this place that He set up for this purpose. This is what He wanted me to share. Ordinarily, I'm not a very "every other word out of my mouth is 'God'" kind of girl, even before all this. But I'm telling you now, it's going to be pretty heavy for a while. Don't know how long, just know it's gonna be a while.

So anyway... All you really need to know is that I need to do this "unedited". The thoughts I place here are going to be put down unedited....

...Head to fingers to keypad to u...
There's no other way to do it. It's not me mulling over things all day and then recording them here. This is a conversation with God. This is processing through a whole lot of crap. This is my personal "book of revelation", if you will.

If something occurs to me throughout the day and I don't come immediately here and blog it out as it's occurring, then I will make note of it when I enter it, that it is not free-form thought and real-time discussion with God. That's what this is. Every question in that last post was as I thought it. Every statement, a revelation.

If you have questions along the way, it's ok to ask... but if I don't answer a question or respond to something, please don't be offended. I honestly feel like my heart is just barely beating right now, and there are some moments where I only have the strength to keep breathing.

So anyway... If you're here, hi. If you're lurking, hi too. Just didn't want y'all to think I was crazy ;-)


|