2.12.2007

Hurricane

I feel like I'm in a hurricane--or perhaps more accurately, I feel like a ragdoll in a hurricane. Part of me doesn't even care. Part of me is confused. Part of me is angry. Part of me is offended. Part of me is defensive. Part of me is weary. Part of me is anxious. Part of all those parts is bewildered...

...and still another part says, "Bring. It. On."

What else can I do but meet it head on and deal with it? Running is cowardice. Hiding is weakness.

I am stronger than your fear.
You fear that too, don't you? There's no reason to. If you understood where strength comes from, you wouldn't be afraid at all... If strength were to be feared, you wouldn't be drawn to it. But until you understand where it comes from, you'll never attain it the way you so desperately want to. You'll simply continue to cultivate hardness...

But love is stronger than all of it...

|