5.27.2004

Well, Ok Then.

Didn't expect quite that much response down there, lol. Sorta felt like a moment from Ben's Place. Quite alright by me. I think Holly summed it up perfectly: i may not agree with what you say, but its caused me to think about it and confirm what i believe and why..

At any rate. Things have been a little hectic and strange for me lately. Not necessarily bad, just... strange. Like I sit back at the end of the day and go "... wha--??..."

Work has been unbelievable these last two days. Based on incoming patients and doctors offices (referred to as "Admits" at work), I am the number 3 rep in the company (it's rated each month)...

"...Wha--??..."

I've only been there 5 months!!! The only two people above me are Kevin and Lisa, who STARTED the entire department 4 years ago. It's unbelievable. There are TWENTY people in my department. Completely unfathomable, unheard of... just floors me. And it's NOT what I'm doing... It has GOT to be God, there's just no way around it.

Then there's my lunch break yesterday... I noticed as I was walking out of the office that there was a message on my phone, from a number I didn't recognize... So I checked the message. It was a little warbled, some woman from some official sounding office asking me to call her back, something about singing. So I head for my dad's house to see how my sister is, and she tells me there's some woman from some congressman's office or something that wants me to call her.

So I call. And Congressman Mica has requested that I sing the National Anthem for the dedication ceremony to be held on Memorial Day for the new St. John's River Bridge (heretofore to be named The St. John's River Veteran's Memorial Bridge... or something).

"...Wha--??..."

Apparently they heard me sing at the National Day of Prayer Breakfast a few weeks ago... holy COW. (I said "yes", of course) And then when I get home that night, I come to find that apparently Washington got involved in the recruitment process for this shindig, because I've got messages from all over Florida and Capitol Hill from people trying to get ahold of me, making sure I'm going to be there, making sure I talk to such and such, and blah blah too.

"...Wha--??..."

AND... to top it all off... Tate fell asleep tonight WITHOUT a tantrum!!

"...Wha--??..."

God is totally flooring me, people. Flooring. Totally.

Wow.

|