10.03.2003

If I Love God... (and eternal bear hugs)

If I love God, then why do I continue to hurt Him? Why is that? I mean... am I really that self-serving? The answer to that must be "yes"... I don't like it one bit. I think of myself, too often, too much. My entire thought process needs to change. When confronted with a problem, I immediately start thinking of ways that I can solve it. And I use "I" way too much, for someone who claims she wants to become like Christ. It's time to put God first. I have a feeling this is going to be a long, hard road. Wish me success...

Isn't it amazing, though? I continually let Him down, I disappoint Him, I hurt Him, I anger Him... and His love NEVER changes. Ever. No matter what I do, or where I go, or who I associate with, or anything else... He will ALWAYS love me. He will NEVER refuse me His forgiveness. His love is so much stronger than ours, so much better, so much more complete... it's the only thing worth having. Oh, I can hardly wait to meet Him face to face... I get excited just thinking about it. I'm gonna bust through those gates and make a beeline for God, running as fast as I can... and then I'll LAUNCH myself into His arms, and it'll be the best hug imaginable!

Well, I suppose that depends on "the mood" when I get up there, lol. It's like that song, I Can Only Imagine, by Mercy Me... I might just fall over in awe. That would be GREAT too!

Spiritual bear hugs to all of you!!

-Jack-

|