2.10.2004

More Updates

Ok, now it's anywhere from the next moment up until about 4 weeks max. One minute she's good, the next she's not... I just don't have any idea. I'm going to go into work tomorrow. I just pray I can last all day, heh. She's resting peacefully right now, with the help of a frighteningly large dose of morphine.

I'm angry. I'm very, very angry. At the hospice people, that is. We were getting her set up to go into a nursing home with hospice care, to transfer her this evening. Then the hospice coordinator realizes that mom is "TPN" or being fed intravenously... she flips out, yells at the hospital social worker, and basically says noway, nohow. Apparently, hospice will under no circumstances care for anyone who is being fed intravenously. And would you like to know why? I'll quote her answer: "Well, our job is to usher her comfortably into death, and we feel that TPN is counterproductive to that." Oh... oh... oh really??? Yes, well, breathing is counterproductive then, isn't it?? So let's just smother her with a pillow and be done with it, what do you say?? Holy COW I'm cheesed off. To the point where I almost cussed her out. And I haven't cussed in a long time.

argh, gotta go, sorry, will write more later

|