9.23.2003


Hi there, and welcome to my blog... ain't it grand? Oh... well... grand or not, here it is, then.

I figured I should probably tell you a little more about myself. My name is Jessica, but everyone calls me Jack. I'll tell you why in a later post (I'm so tricky! See how I lured you into coming back to unravel the mystery of me?). At any rate, I'm 24, I live in Central Florida, and I have a two-year-old son. We rent a house near my parents, and spend a good deal of our time at THEIR house, since it's bigger and has a pool. :-)

After waiting over a year, I finally got to see Hillsong's worship team, live on stage, here in Florida just a week ago... it was UNBELIEVABLE... UNFATHOMABLE...

And now, ladies and gentleman, after more ado than I care to acknowledge, I give you: "

What Jack Is Going To Do With Her Life" - By Jessica L. Smith

I am going to drag my patootie (and my son's) to Australia if I have to SWIM there, and I'm going to study Music and Performing Arts, and then, I'm going to be a worship leader... I can't believe I never gave it serious thought before. I just figured I'd have to go through four years as a music major at some boring school, and then I'd lose interest long before the diploma was in sight, and it would be a waste of time, etc etc etc etc etc...

Um, hello? Since when is serving God a waste of time? What kind of silly girl am I? I've been singing on worship teams since I was in high school... and I can say with relative authority that I am the most passionate person I've ever met... I can't believe it's taken me this long to figure this out. I'm so dense sometimes.

Ok, I'm going to stop yapping now, since it's getting late and I have to work and help mom tomorrow.

GOD BLESS YOU and be well!

-Jack-

|